Police followed the route and found the teacher in the Allegan Game Area, around 50 miles from the family home, deceased and buried. Police confirmed during a Wednesday press conference that he hanged himself.
Mr. Lockhart's body was discovered in the basement of his home by officers who were conducting a welfare check after he had missed a parole appointment.
Police believe Christopher Lockhart, 47, committed suicide in his Portage, Michigan, home.
Under mega recapitalisation, banks to get ₹2.11 lakh crores from government
The plan involves a fund infusion of Rs 2.11 lakh crore in the banking system as part of government equity to help them tide over capital shortfall crisis.
Christopher Lockhart and Theresa Lockhart.
Lockhart said he got into an argument with his wife Theresa Lockhart on May 18 when he "just snapped".
Portage Police went to Christopher Lockhart's home on Tuesday morning, October 24 when the Corrections Department notified police that Lockhart did not make a 10 am check in. She was reported missing two days later by her employer.
Former FBI chief James Comey reveals his secret Twitter account
Comey officially unmasked himself yesterday when the account posted a picture of himself standing on an Iowa road. Comey, who is writing a book, tweeted on Friday that he was happy to be back in the Hawkeye State.
Armold noted that Lockhart never asked for updates on the investigation and didn't participate in searches for his wife. "To be truthful, he seemed rather lackadaisical in his attitude... definitely not the attitude of a loving husband whose wife is missing".
"They were hitting a really rough patch", Zimmerman said. Like so many others, all of us at Schoolcraft Community Schools have been holding out hope for a very different outcome since the news of her disappearance last May.
"My heart is breaking that a special life has been taken away but we now have peace of mind as to what and when".
More Warm Temperatures Before a Midweek Cool Down
We'll rebound back to the lower 70s with sunshine on Thursday before yet another cold front arrives late Friday . Overnight and into Monday morning we start to see a cold front move into the western part of central Kentucky.
For almost half a year, police in Portage, Mich., had searched for a beloved high school Spanish teacher who seemingly vanished in May. "Chris did one good deed before he died and that was to tell us where we could find Theresa", wrote Theresa's sister, Joan, on Facebook.
- George Clooney reveals wife Amal has experienced sexual harassment
- These original Xbox games are now playable on Xbox One
- Android Oreo 8.0 Rolling Out To Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) Stock Surges on Stellar Earnings
- Colin Kaepernick has reportedly agreed to a book deal worth $1 million
- Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) Moving Today - Down by 2.59%
- Kenya's Supreme Court to hear petition seeking to delay election rerun
- Economic growth strengthens in third quarter to growth of 0.4%
- Seahawks sign 37-year-old Dwight Freeney to bolster pass rush
- Mugabe Removed as World Health 'Ambassador' After Outcry