During the day, the Sensex touched a record high of 32,687.32 points, while the Nifty 50 touched its lifetime high of 10,242.95.
It however failed to maintain record levels on profit-booking, and settled at new high of 10,230.85, up 63.40 points, or 0.62 per cent.
The BSE Sensex after scaling an all-time high of 32,687.32 points at the outset, finally ended 200.95 points to end at a new peak of 32,633.64, breaching its previous record of 32,575.17 hit on August 1 and also broke its intra-day record of 32,686.48 reached on August 2.
Rival Palestinian Groups Hamas, Fatah Reach Deal Over Control Of Gaza
In return, Cairo pressed Hamas to move forward on reconciliation with Fatah. From now, any Israeli cooperation with Abbas is cooperation with Hamas.
Almost 130 stocks rose to a fresh 52-week high on the BSE, in the opening trade of the Diwali week.
Underlying inflation in the United States was muted at 0.2 percent in August, data showed on Friday. However, Axis Bank fell 2.07 pct, Reliance by 1.11 pct and SBIN 0.51 pct.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was trading higher by 0.94 per cent, while Shanghai Composite rose 0.14 per cent in late morning trade.
Potential "win-win" for NaVorro Bowman
The 6-foot, 242-pound Bowman was originally selected by the 49ers in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft out of Penn State. It was reported earlier this year that Bowman was on the trade block , but the 49ers staunchly denied it at the time .
"Shares of metal companies were in focus with the S&P BSE metal index hitting six-year high on expectations of strong earnings growth in July-September quarter (Q2FY18)", said Dhruv Desai, Director and Chief Operating Officer of Tradebulls.
European STOXX 600 benchmark ended flat and closed 0.1 per cent up as Spanish stocks lagged, Reuters reported.
Hertha Berlin soccer players kneels before game in solidarity with National Football League players
Many view the movement to be a protest against the American flag and a sign of disrespect towards those in the US armed forces. For us, it's a good example to show.
- Iraq Accuses Kurds of 'Declaration of War' in Kirkuk
- Patriots, Jets, playing for AFC East lead
- Man Finds Winning Lottery Ticket In Pocket Two Days Before Deadline
- BMW aiming to grow Mini brand in China
- Reds stars share a laugh in training ahead of Maribor clash
- What's THAT in the final trailer for Stranger Things Season Two?
- Site to get 'more aggressive' policing tweets — Twitter's Dorsey
- Rahul, Umesh and Shami dropped from India ODI squad against New Zealand
- Joe Jonas Gets Engaged to British Actress Sophie Turner
- Golfer Lahiri drops to tied 23rd at CIMB Classic