Perez sealed his first title in nearly a year despite carding a modest three-under 69 in the final round, courtesy of a strong start with three birdies in the first four holes.
Perez, who had been two shots off the lead following a first round 66, hit eight birdies after starting his round on the 10th tee.
Rishard Matthews tweets he's done if NFL makes national anthem rule
The Titans remained in the locker room during the anthem before their Week 3 game against the Seattle Seahawks . He quickly deleted the tweet and was not available for reporters on Thursday.
Xander Schauffele was unable to get going, carding an even-par 72 in the final round to finish tied for third with Kang Sung (71), seven shots behind Perez.
Firing the day's low round, Matsuyama carded five straight birdies from No. 4, added another on No. 10 before finishing his round with three straight to shave one stroke off his deficit with Perez.
"I'm not going to change anything - I'm still not going to work out". I'm going to go out and try to hit a little better, make some putts and we'll see what happens. I'll still have a bad diet and I'm going to enjoy myself.I'm really not going to change anything.
NFL Releases Statement, Says Ezekiel Elliott Suspension 'Remains In Place'
Circuit Court of Appeals for their mandate so they can pursue a full-panel rehearing with the court. Get daily prep sports headlines from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email.
Kim Meen Whee, the golf gold medallist at the 2010 Asian Games, chose the flawless time for a hole-in-one, his ace on the par-three 15th earning him a new BMW vehicle from the sponsoring German auto maker.
Cameron Smith during his closing 64 at TPC Kuala Lumpur. The $7 million CIMB Classic is co-sanctioned by the PGA Tour and Asian Tour.
Thailand's Poom, who made six of his seven birdies on the front nine, said: "I played without any expectations".
Rescued Canadian-American family leaves Pakistan
Boyle provided a separate, handwritten statement then expressing disagreement with US foreign policy. He said that the whole family will undergo full medical work-ups in the coming days.
US PGA champion Justin Thomas has won the event for the past two years and started the defence of his title with an opening 70 that featured five birdies and three bogeys.
- New Austrian leader 'will be Europe's youngest head of government'
- Indian Army firing kills 2, Including a girl along LoC
- Toro Rosso announces Brendon Hartley for US GP
- Rahul, Umesh and Shami dropped from India ODI squad against New Zealand
- Rival Palestinian Groups Hamas, Fatah Reach Deal Over Control Of Gaza
- Indonesian goalkeeper Choirul Huda dies after collision during league match
- US, Israel quit UNESCO
- Hertha Berlin soccer players kneels before game in solidarity with National Football League players
- Indian forces martyr 3 civilians in occupied Kashmir
- BMW aiming to grow Mini brand in China