Portugal, meanwhile, beat Switzerland 2-0 to claim outright victory in Group B. Switzerland will have to contest a playoff to make the summer journey to Russian Federation. Needing an unthinkable 7-0 win, the Dutch managed only two, both from Arjen Robben.
The draw for Europe's qualifying playoffs will be held next Tuesday.
'White Widow' Sally Jones: British Isis recruiter killed in Syria strike
There have been several such claims of IS militants having been killed only for them to resurface months later. She also encouraged them to carry out attacks in Britain and offered lessons on making home-made bombs.
Les Blues secured top spot in Group A with a 2-1 victory over Belarus in Paris - courtesy of goals from Antoine Griezmann and Olivier Giroud - although the result proved inconsequential due to Sweden's defeat in the Netherlands.
Sweden finished runners-up despite losing 2-0 against the Netherlands, who were eliminated.
Didier Deschamps's side needed a win to be sure of topping Group A, arriving at Stade de France just a point ahead of Sweden before the final round of games.
United States Announces Withdrawal From UNESCO, Cites 'Anti-Israel Bias'
UNESCO is responsible for coordinating global cooperation in education, science, culture and communication. After he was elected but before he became president, Mr.
Arjen Robben scored both goals - in the 16th minute from the penalty spot and on 40 minutes - before he announced his worldwide retirement post match.
Netherlands reached the 2010 World Cup final and the 2014 semi-finals and then failed to reach last year's European Championship.
Eden Hazard opened the scoring in the 12th minute with what was the only goal of the first half. His second, meanwhile, was far crisper; a first-time shot from the edge of the box into the top corner.
Uh Oh, Google Home Mini Defect Causes Constant Recording
The software fix prevents the activation of the speaker with a touch, which was a feature meant to offer options for activation. The issue prevailed over the few initial units of Google Home Mini , including the ones that were distributed as review units.
In the battle for Group B's third place, Hungary narrowly defeated a dogged Faroe Islands side, whose ten points was an admirable total in a table dominated by two sides.
- Giants' Beckham to have season-ending ankle surgery
- Girl's heartwarming adoption surprise caught on tape
- Tropical Storm Ophelia Strengthening On Southeastern Trek
- Britain Could Join NAFTA If Brexit Deal Fails
- Freeway closures continue in Orange County
- Rajnath dismisses allegations against Jay Shah as baseless
- Radamel Falcao Clarifies His On-Field Whispering Against Peru
- White House Clarifies Trump Remark
- Cowboys Reportedly Had Team Meeting to Discuss Jerry Jones' Anthem Comments
- Hillary Clinton denounces Harvey Weinstein but doesn't say she'll return campaign donations