They will now face New Zealand for a place at Russian Federation.
"We were focussed on the game and then in the final five minutes the Colombians approached us", he told Panamericana Television.
Details of new Hamas-Fatah reconciliation deal to be announced this afternoon
A major sticking point has been the Hamas military wing and its arsenal, which Hamas has said is not up for discussion. Details of the deal will be made public at a news conference scheduled later for Thursday.
With Chile and Paraguay (who both lost their final games) also in contention for at least a play-off place, a draw between Colombia and Peru would have suited both teams, given that the play-off opponents are the unheralded New Zealand.
"We know that they are going to be two very hard matches", Guerrero, who plays his club football for Brazil's Flamengo, told reporters.
With the 1-1 result in Lima, Colombia has qualified directly for the Russian Federation 2018 World Cup.
"Peru are very good, they are highly ranked and they got a great result against Argentina in qualification, but I feel, out of all of them, we can take confidence out of having to play them". "To be in this situation was one of the goals we had at the start of the qualifiers", he said.
Turkey, US discuss visa crisis in phone talks: state media
Relations between Turkey and the USA have been tense over disagreements on Syrian Kurdish militants, which the US backs in the war against the Islamic State group.
"We have to enjoy this because we knew how to handle every moment, defiant and patient when it was necessary, overcoming injuries or poor performance".
After the match, Falcao revealed to reporters that he did in fact make the Chile result known to Peru players, but remained adamant that both sides fought for the win over 90 minutes.
"I believe in this team - they're together, believe, working well and we're now reaching that final point, the best squad we've ever had".
New Zealand has never beaten South American opposition, with three draws and 11 losses against team from that continent, but Hudson has faith that his team can engineer an upset.
Cowboys Reportedly Had Team Meeting to Discuss Jerry Jones' Anthem Comments
On Sunday night, the NFL Players Association said that discussions on social issues should not be stifled. They are still being paid, and I don't think they necessarily have the right to play in games.
- Defence Minister Sitharaman reviews operational readiness of Tezpur airbase
- Freeway closures continue in Orange County
- Uh Oh, Google Home Mini Defect Causes Constant Recording
- Late Night Hosts Can't Get Enough of Eminem's Fiery Anti-Trump Freestyle
- Hillary Clinton denounces Harvey Weinstein but doesn't say she'll return campaign donations
- Britain Could Join NAFTA If Brexit Deal Fails
- Anupam Kher a good actor but some comments political, says Congress
- Alexa-powered Echo Show now available for $200
- Gary Player: Sad to see Old Course 'brought to her knees'
- Sylvester Stallone Has Announced He Will Be Directing Creed 2 Movie