Forecasters expect Ophelia to continue to slowly move on a northeast track before accelerating toward Europe.
Right now, Ophelia is moving east at about 3 miles per hour and is expected to gradually turn northeast by Thursday night.
The storm formed well outside what meteorologists refer as the "main development region", where most hurricanes form in the Atlantic. The National Hurricane Center predicts the storm to maintain hurricane strength for the next few days and could even gain a little strength.
White House Clarifies Trump Remark
Foreigners, including Iranians, know that Mattis is serious, but they also know that he does not speak for the president. The president also faced backlash after he tweeted attacks on San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz's leadership.
Ophelia, located almost 800 miles southwest of the Azores, has maximum sustained winds of 65 mph and was moving southeast at 6 mph, the hurricane center said.
"Lee could easily be counted as two storms", tweeted Brenden Moses, a hurricane researcher at the National Hurricane Center in Coral Gables, Florida, specializing in the historical hurricane database.
Hurricane season runs through the end of November in the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean Sea.
Giants' Beckham to have season-ending ankle surgery
Along with King, they will add rookie Travis Rudolph and wide receiver Darius Powe to the practice squad, ESPN reported. They'll join Roger Lewis Jr., who came out of Sunday's game as the only healthy receiver on the 53-man roster.
Ireland regularly deals with the remnants of tropical systems, but Ophelia is going to approach the island as a stronger system than the usual remnant lows. On Wednesday afternoon, hurricane-force winds from Ophelia extended outward up to 25 miles from its center.
"After that time, Ophelia is forecast to turn eastward, then northeastward and begin to accelerate by day three ahead of a deepening mid-latitude trough over the north-central Atlantic".
This could bring a blast of high winds to the Emerald Isle, particularly the western half of Ireland early next week.
Russians said to have bought $100000 of election ads on Google
The disclosures have brought heightened scrutiny around the company's ad practices, and Facebook has already announced changes. Ads were apparently discovered on YouTube as well as search, Gmail and the DoubleClick ad network run by Google.
- Sylvester Stallone Has Announced He Will Be Directing Creed 2 Movie
- Defence Minister Sitharaman reviews operational readiness of Tezpur airbase
- Freeway closures continue in Orange County
- Cowboys Reportedly Had Team Meeting to Discuss Jerry Jones' Anthem Comments
- Turkey, US discuss visa crisis in phone talks: state media
- Hillary Clinton denounces Harvey Weinstein but doesn't say she'll return campaign donations
- Updated MLB Playoff bracket 2017: Dodgers advance to NLCS
- Rajnath dismisses allegations against Jay Shah as baseless
- White House fails to explain Trump's 'calm before the storm' comment
- Chicago Man Arrested For Vandalizing Christopher Columbus Statue