Per USA Today's Jeff Zillgitt, the new changes adopted to the All-Star format are a "player-driven answer" to the recent problems where the game was treated as a backyard exhibition. The captains will be the All-Star starter from each conference who receives the most fan votes in his conference. Although the captains are divided by conference, they are not forced to pick players from the same conference as themselves. It's how teams are picked on playgrounds, parks, and gyms across the country, and it will make for some very interesting drama as captains deal with building a team but also their many friendships around the league. Meanwhile, a number of less deserving players from the East will be headed to L.A. for the All-Star Game. The 10 starters will still be chosen by a combo of fans (50%), current players (25%) and basketball media (25%) votes.
Let's Make a Deal game show host Monty Hall dies at 96
They devised " Let's Make a Deal " in which Hall picked people from the audience to become contestants in sort of a trading game. In the end, Monty Hall said that he wanted to be remembered for helping people rather than his celebrity status.
Now while the actual game format will be different, the voting process will remain unchanged.
US Army General to Lead to Puerto Rico Recovery Effort
Under the waiver, cargos from foreign ports can be delivered directly to Puerto Rico without passing through US ports. Cornelio also said the number of open gas stations has increased from about 400 to 676.
Of the 13 players on last year's East roster, including injury replacement Carmelo Anthony, four have changed conferences.
Depending on how the captains decide to select their teams, the two star players may never have to be teammates in an NBA All-Star Game again.
US dominating Presidents Cup
On the 15th and final hole of the match, Reed wanted to - we guess - motivate Spieth to hole his approach shot on the short par 4. The two South Africans had won four matches at the 2015 Cup, and provided the lone victory for the Internationals on Thursday.
Personally, I would have liked the league to go one step further - take the 24 best players, regardless of conference.
- GM to introduce two new electric cars in the next 18 months
- Track Torque: Ferrari look to fight back
- Don't waste time talking to N Korea's 'Little Rocket Man', tweets Trump
- Yasir's five-for restricts Sri Lanka to 138
- Places to visit on Gandhi Jayanti!!
- Google is rewiring its search engine by ending 'first click free'
- Spain Reveal The Extent Of Morata's Injury
- Puerto Rico Mayor Says She Won't Be "Distracted" By Trump's Twitter Attacks
- NK official handling USA affairs begins Russian Federation visit
- American scientists win Nobel in Medicine for decoding body clock