The Air France company qualified the incident as serious and praised the way pilots and the crew coped with it.
Air France said passengers were being assisted and it was working to re-route them.
The pilot soon came on over the loudspeaker and explained the jet had lost one of its engines and would be landing in Canada, Ms Adams said.
Air France is facing a daunting technical challenge to fix an extensively damaged A380 at one of Canada's most remote airports.
Travelers Delayed Around the World Due to Airline Software Failure
Changi Airport has earlier issued an advisory saying that a technical issue was affecting the check-in systems of some airlines. Passengers have reported problems at London Gatwick and Heathrow, as well as in Paris, Washington DC and Melbourne.
The passenger, Miguel Amador, posted online brief video footage apparently filmed from a window of the plane showing the damaged engine.
No-one was injured in the incident and the plane landed safely in Canada on three engines.
The crew handed out meals as they waited on the runway for hours, but even with full bellies, she said some passengers grew restless.
The plane landed 90 minutes later.
Five civilians wounded in attack on Kabul airport
According to media reports , there are 11,000 USA troops in Afghanistan operating under the auspices of the RS and the Pentagon. The ministry also informed that the fighters had holed up in a nearby building during a confrontation with the Afghan forces.
The four-engine airliner left Paris's Charles de Gaulle Airport Saturday morning.
The plane's engines were manufactured by Engine Alliance, a joint venture between General Electric Co.
Although the exact cause of the damage remains under investigation, at least one passenger reported hearing a "loud thud" and a "lot of vibration".
Air France said the two flights that will ferry the passengers are scheduled to leave Goose Bay early Sunday.
Over 144000 evacuated over Bali volcano eruption alert
This level of explosivity has not been seen in Indonesia since the eruption of Mount Lokon in 2011. The volcano is one of over 1000 now active across Indonesia .
- Maye Musk is Covergirl's new face at 69
- Militants attack Kabul airport during Mattis visit, USA strike hits civilians
- APN to Trump: Fire Ambassador Friedman!
- NK official handling USA affairs begins Russian Federation visit
- Volkswagen takes new $3bn hit over diesel emission scandal
- Canada taps Netflix amid review of TV, arts policy in online era
- Track Torque: Ferrari look to fight back
- Celtic easily beats Anderlecht 3-0 in Champions League
- Trump to NFL: Ban kneeling during national anthem
- Mexico border wall: Construction begins on prototypes for Donald Trump's planned 'fence'