The goal was born from a header near Marouane Fellaini who stood two meters in front of goal as he grabbed a pass from Rashford's free kick.
And two close-range finishes from the in-form Fellaini either side of half-time took his season tally to four before Romelu Lukaku sealed a comprehensive victory late on as United continued to impress even without the injured Paul Pogba.
Boss Mourinho, Juan Mata and Marouane Fellaini all spoke to MUTV after the game and we have summarised their key points below.
Fellaini has often been a target for criticism at Manchester United, but the Belgian's effectiveness has made him a favourite of the pragmatic Mourinho.
Mourinho's claim that he could not afford to rest Lukaku until Zlatan Ibrahimovic is fit and available may have come as a blow to Marcus Rashford, who harbours hopes of eventually playing through the middle for Manchester United.
Presidents Cup: Jordan Spieth-Patrick Reed pairing highlights Day 1 matches
Woods last played in a tournament at the Dubai Desert Classic in January, withdrawing with back spasms. I've been competing in golf tournaments since I was, what, four years old.
Palace's wait for a goal went on, with Andros Townsend's free-kick flying just wide in their only opportunity in the closing stages, before Anthony Martial was impressively denied by Hennessey after being played in by fellow substitute Ander Herrera. The ball is easily struck by my Lukaku. Palace overtook Burnley in 1997-98 (552 mins) in this defeat to United.
Also, no team in 129 years of the Football League had ever lost their first six league games without scoring - until Palace reached that landmark last week.
- No player has scored more goals in their first seven Premier League appearances for Man Utd than Romelu Lukaku (seven - level with Andrew Cole). The only game he's failed to score in so far this season was against Leicester, when he had a penalty saved.
Former military man named as new leader of British UKIP
Bolton said after his unexpected victory that securing Britain's rapid exit from the European Union is the party's "core task". Mr Etheridge was one of a number of UKIP MEPs who had threatened to quit the party if bookies favourite Ms Waters had won.
The visitors started off the game playing deep in their own half hoping to keep a tight game against the Red Devils.
This match saw Palace equal Portsmouth's Premier League record of seven straight losses from the start of 2009/10.
Bullying may have led to fatal NYC high school stabbing: friend
He allegedly stabbed the two other students using a pair of scissors, which was recovered from the scene of crime. The suspect had been feuding with the victims since the beginning of the school year.
- Thousands near Bali volcano evacuate
- Roku gains as much as 65% in trading debut after IPO
- Militants attack Kabul airport during Mattis visit, USA strike hits civilians
- Celtic easily beats Anderlecht 3-0 in Champions League
- APN to Trump: Fire Ambassador Friedman!
- Mexico border wall: Construction begins on prototypes for Donald Trump's planned 'fence'
- Maye Musk is Covergirl's new face at 69
- Sensex 150 Points up in Opening Trade, Nifty Regains 9800 Level
- Five civilians wounded in attack on Kabul airport
- It's National Coffee Day - Here Are The Best Deals/Freebies!