There are maximum sustained winds of 35 miles per hour, but higher gusts possible.
Residents observe the levels of the Tecoluca River, in Mexico's Veracruz state, after Hurricane Katia.
Irma, a Category 4 storm expected to make landfall in Florida on Sunday morning, has an ACE of 58.09 so far, according to data from the Tropical Meteorology Project at Colorado State University.
Storm Katia weakens after reaching Mexican coast
In its 4 p.m. advisory, the National Hurricane Center said Katia now has maximum sustained winds of 105 miles per hour . Forecasters say Hurricane Katia is making landfall on Mexico's Gulf coast as a Category 1 storm.
The US National Hurricane Centre said that as a depression, Katia was blowing maximum sustained winds of almost 35 miles per hour and should dissipate over the mountains of central eastern Mexico later on Saturday.
Irma has the potential to cause the most damage, and the trifecta of hurricanes has experts anxious about the potential destruction from the back-to-back-to-back storms.
Only 26 minutes separated the announcements of Irma and Katia making landfall.
Takeaways from the Steelers 21-18 win over the Browns
However, the Cleveland Browns rookie bounced right back after that early bit if frustration to lead a 12-play, 68-yard drive. QB Kevin Hogan, with zero National Football League starts, backed up rookie DeShone Kizer .
Katia is expected to produce rainfall of 10 to 15 inches over northern Veracruz, eastern Hidalgo, and Puebla, the National Hurricane Center said. Near the coast, the surge will be accompanied by large and destructive waves.
As Katia was making landfall, Hurricane Irma, one of the most powerful Atlantic storms in a century, walloped Cuba's northern coast as a Category 5 storm. Here's the five-day track as of 7 a.m. Thursday.
- Wind: Hurricane conditions are expected within the hurricane warning area by late Friday, with tropical storm conditions expected within the tropical warning areas by mid-day Friday.
Nintendo Switch Likely Facing Stock Shortages This Holiday
Despite retailing for $79.99, the NES Classic was going for upwards of $ 200 on eBay nearly immediately. Not only that but a technical glitch simply led to pre-orders going live before intended.
Yunes said Saturday that there were no other reports of major damage, though he said some rivers had risen to near flood stage. These swells are likely to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions.
- President Trump's DACA decision puts immigration fix in hands of Congress
- European Union must avoid rupture with Turkey, France's Macron says
- Clinton: I am done with being a candidate
- Border must not be treated as 'test case', European Union warns UK
- Team Line-Ups: Swansea City vs Newcastle United
- Stoke ends United's ideal start to EPL season
- Mumbaikars Have High Hopes From New Railway Minister Piyush Goyal
- Qatari emir tells Saudi crown prince ready to discuss arab powers' demands
- Kuwait Emir to hold talks with Trump
- At least 58 dead in Mexico's biggest quake in century