As of Saturday night, Irma was an "extremely dangerous" Category 3 storm, packing maximum sustained winds of 120 miles per hour, according to the National Hurricane Center.
"I am in disbelief right now..."
The Washington Post also adds that the jarring disappearance of the ocean could be attributed to hurricane "bulge", referring to the centre of the storm being so low pressure that water is actually drawn upwards. As the storm draws water toward the center, it gets pulled away from the surroundings.
New royal baby to shake up House of Windsor pecking order
George will be dressed in his new uniform, a navy v-neck pullover, matching Bermuda-style shorts, long red socks and black shoes. The Duchess suspended all Royal engagements as a result of the illness, for which she has previously been hospitalised.
"As a meteorologist, there are things you learn in textbooks that you may never see in person", she wrote.
He also warned that the water will come back soon - and residents should be cautious, since the water's return may be powerful.
Refugee crisis: European Court of Justice rejects quota challenge
While Hungary and Slovakia have now failed in their legal challenge to the policy, that doesn't fix the political problem. In Budapest, Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto called the court's decision "outrageous and irresponsible".
Footage from the Hurricane Irma-hit Bahamas freaked out netizens on Saturday as the seawater was completely missing from a bay as far as the eye could see. Wayne Neely, a forecaster with the Bahamas Department of Meteorology, wrote in a post on Facebook that this phenomenon previously occurred during a hurricane affecting Acklins Island in the Bahamas in 1936. The water will return to Long Island, and it probably won't rush back with any great force.
Storm Katia weakens after reaching Mexican coast
In its 4 p.m. advisory, the National Hurricane Center said Katia now has maximum sustained winds of 105 miles per hour . Forecasters say Hurricane Katia is making landfall on Mexico's Gulf coast as a Category 1 storm.
Irma made landfall over the Florida Keys Sunday morning as a category 4 storm.
- Stoke ends United's ideal start to EPL season
- Woodburn shines for Wales again
- American Horror Story: Cult Season Previews Tease New Episodes
- European Union must avoid rupture with Turkey, France's Macron says
- Aaron Donald ends holdout, won't play in Rams opener
- Instagram Testing Letting Users Post Stories Directly To Facebook
- Homeless animals being moved out of the area in advance of Irma
- Kylian Mbappe excited by 'extraordinary' chance to play with Neymar at PSG
- Polk deputies warn criminals, sex offenders not welcome at hurricane shelters
- Mumbaikars Have High Hopes From New Railway Minister Piyush Goyal