People pick up debris as Hurricane Irma howled past Puerto Rico after thrashing several smaller Caribbean islands, in Fajardo, Puerto Rico September 6, 2017.
In its 4 p.m. advisory, the National Hurricane Center said Katia now has maximum sustained winds of 105 miles per hour.
Kylian Mbappe excited by 'extraordinary' chance to play with Neymar at PSG
At the moment the best player in Brazil is Neymar and I think the move for him was very good because there was huge competition with Messi at Barcelona .
Category 1 is the NHC's weakest hurricane designation. Category 5 is the strongest.
This is the first time on record that the Atlantic has had two hurricanes with winds of more than 150 miles per hour at the same time, Colorado State University meteorologist Philip Klotzbach said.
Hurricane Irma, one of the most powerful Atlantic storms in a century, walloped Cuba's northern coast on Saturday as it headed for Florida.
Tiger on the loose near Atlanta killed by police
Motorists spotted the tiger early Wednesday along the interstate in Stockbridge, southeast of Atlanta , Henry County police said. Brittney Speck, the homeowner in question, awoke to high-beam lights shining through her windows at shortly before 6:30 a.m.
Jose, which was upgraded to an "extremely dangerous" Category 4 hurricane Friday with 150 miles per hour winds, is following Irma's path and is forecast to come close to the already decimated Leeward Islands, including St. Martin and Barbuda.
Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto has warned on Thursday of the great danger of Katia for those areas recently damaged by a major quake in Mexico in a century.
State energy company Pemex has installations in and around the coast of Veracruz but has not reported any disruption to its operations there. Overnight projections of Irma's path showed less of a threat to the Carolinas as the monster storm appeared likely to move directly up the middle of Florida and curve inland.
Instagram Testing Letting Users Post Stories Directly To Facebook
However, enthusiastic Instagram users are bound to like it, as it'll let them avoid the Facebook app without offending relatives. The Verge reports that this feature might just be a test and Instagram may not roll out the feature to all the users.
- European Union must avoid rupture with Turkey, France's Macron says
- 'Get out' of Hurricane Irma's way, urges US President Donald Trump
- Manchester City vs Liverpool
- Border must not be treated as 'test case', European Union warns UK
- What Goes Into Hurricane Forecasting? Satellites, Supercomputers And More
- Refugee crisis: European Court of Justice rejects quota challenge
- BJP mulls 'Grand Alliance' for Meghalaya and Tripura elections
- Israel Bombs Chemical Weapons Factory In Syria
- 'Peed-off' La Liga boss angers Manchester City
- Homeless animals being moved out of the area in advance of Irma