In his tweets, he congratulated the new ministers as well as those who had been elevated.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has revamp his cabinet.
Both his parents have been associated with the BJP, with his father Late Vedprakash Goyal being the Union Minister of Shipping in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Showering praise on his predecessor, new Railways Minister Piyush Goyal said he would follow on the track already laid out by Suresh Prabhu, who he replaced in Sunday's Cabinet reshuffle. "Then P for Prabhu, my elder brother, taught me how to combine the three sectors - power, renewable energy and coal and move towards development at a fast pace", he said.
Colin Trevorrow leaves Star Wars 9
That would make sense, since he's already directing The Last Jedi , the next film in the core Star Wars series. It only took Lucasfilm, owned by Disney, a day to find their replacement - double Oscar victor Ron Howard .
Goyal, who was Minister of State with independent charge, held Coal and Power Ministry before his elevation.
Prabhu's roadmap, Goyal said, focused on investment, security and consumer utilities.
"He (Goyal) will play a big role in the progress of the country".
His work in rural electrification earned him some name as the government reported the ministry to have electrified 13,134 remote villages out of 18,452 by April 2017. I wish him all the best and all the success.
BDO to advise on potential Bell Pottinger sale
The UK accounts for 40 per cent of Bank of Ireland's loan book, mainly through its joint venture with the British Post Office. The PRCA said the Bell Pottinger campaign was "likely to inflame racial discord in South Africa ".
Pradhan was given the additional charge of Skill Development Ministry.
Prabhu meanwhile will take over as the new commerce minister.
Prabhu had offered to quit after a major rail accident in Uttar Pradesh claimed 23 lives last month.
Karnataka police hunts for journalist Lankesh's killers
Friends and family members gather near mortal remains of slain journalist Gauri Lankesh at Bengaluru's Ravindra Kala Kshethra. Siddaramaiah said that this is assassination of democracy and Karnataka has lost a strong progressive voice.
- Woodburn shines for Wales again
- JKLF Chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik Arrested
- Bangladesh authorities increase security after Australia team bus incident
- Polk deputies warn criminals, sex offenders not welcome at hurricane shelters
- 'Peed-off' La Liga boss angers Manchester City
- Instagram Testing Letting Users Post Stories Directly To Facebook
- Homeless animals being moved out of the area in advance of Irma
- Refugee crisis: European Court of Justice rejects quota challenge
- Tiger on the loose near Atlanta killed by police
- Israel Bombs Chemical Weapons Factory In Syria