An evacuation order was issued on Monday after a levee was breached just south of Houston. So far, 30,000 people have evacuated and sought shelter.
Headed east, the storm was due to dump more heavy rain across both states, worsening the "catastrophic and life-threatening" flooding situation, before making landfall again Wednesday morning, near the Texas-Louisiana border, according to the CNN Weather Center.
Director Tobe Hooper has died
Hooper also directed " Invaders from Mars ", " Lifeforce ", and the first TV adaptation of Stephen King's " Salem's Lot ". Hooper followed it up in 1986 with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2, which took a more comedic route.
Ahead of Tropical Storm Harvey's third landfall, authorities in Brazoria County just south of Houston issued a frightening warning regarding unsafe water levels. "But it does mean we need to expand our capabilities and our capacity", Mr Turner said.
More than four days after the storm ravaged the Texas coastline as a Category 4 hurricane, authorities have confirmed only three deaths. The driver got out and urged the children to escape through the back door, Ms Saldivar said, but they could not. Meanwhile, the tropical storm appeared to be gathering strength once again on the Gulf coast.
Hurricane Harvey causes flight cancellations at Orlando International Airport
As expected, the airlines have canceled all flights out of the Corpus Christi International Airport, CCIA, for the rest of today. Most have issued change-fee waivers for travelers who cancel their flights in anticipation of the storm.
Columbia Lakes is located some 50 miles from Houston near the Brazos River.
The previous record was held by Tropical Storm Amelia, which hit Texas in 1978. Sylvester said the Coast Guard was taking more than 1,000 calls per hour. "We don't have any evacuation routes to tell people to take".
Detroit Lions QB Matt Stafford Gets $135 Million Contract
The Lions on Monday night announced they had agreed to the five-year deal with Stafford without disclosing specifics. Sources say Stafford's deal includes a record $92 million guarantee, including a $50 million signing bonus.
Harvey dropped almost 125 centimetres of rain - a record for a tropical storm in the continental United States - in Pearland, Texas, south-east of Houston, the National Weather Service said.
- How concerned are you about the prospect of a government shutdown?
- Joel Osteen Responds: "We Have Never Closed Our Doors"
- Fitbit Unveils First Smartwatch, Wireless Headphones
- Israel urges United Nations chief to take steps against "anti-Israel discrimination"
- Houston flood: major dam begins overflowing
- Aston Martin will only sell hybrids by the mid-2020s
- Eclipse 2017: Moon blots out midday sun
- Merkel: Russia sanctions must remain in place
- North Korea fires several short-range unidentified projectiles: military reports
- China: India is Pulling Troops from the Disputed Doklam Border Region