Tropical Depression Eight has been upgraded to Tropical Storm Gert after forming in the southwestern Atlantic. Gert will continue to move away from the United States and poses no threat to Southwest Louisiana. It was moving north-northwest at 10 miles per hour with maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour.
A tropical depression formed off the coast of the Bahamas has a relatively low chance of impacting Central Florida, according to the National Weather Service in Melbourne.
North Korea talk drags stocks lower; gold, yen rise
CURRENCIES: The euro slipped 0.1 percent to $1.1176 while the dollar was steady at 109.20 yen. "The yen is the big story really". Shanghai's main index also tumbled 1.6 percent to 3,208.54 while Australia's S&P/ASX 200 dropped 1.2 percent to 5,693.10.
The upper level winds that have been from the west and northwest, bringing down another cool front will curve the storm out to sea.
The storm will turn north late Sunday and eventually turn towards the northeast Monday.
Motorists should be on the lookout for school buses
While bus drivers and students are well-versed in bus safety, officials hope others on the roads will be just as cautious. Drivers who illegally pass a school bus and are seen by law enforcement can be pulled over and issued a moving violation.
At the moment, it appears this alleyway will set up far enough east that the USA would avoid any direct impacts, but increased surf along the East Coast is possible. We are a few weeks from the height of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, which is around September 10th.
Conor McGregor Knocks Down Sparring Partner Paulie Malignaggi
Conor McGregor plans to continue fighting in both mixed martial arts and boxing once he's finished with Floyd Mayweather . Thoughts on the footage of McGregor and Malignaggi? "I'm going to bring him in as a thank you for the support".
- MRI reveals no ligament damage; hits DL
- Glen Campbell, Country Legend, Dies at 81
- Mo Farah loses out on Gold in final major track race
- Trump's new DC hotel turning a profit
- Tesla: Self-Driving Semi-Trucks On The Way
- Nawaz Sharif fields wife in 'Waterloo'
- Tottenham confirm quartet out of Newcastle clash, availability of Spurs duo unclear
- Tom Cruise injured filming stunt on 'Mission: Impossible 6' set
- Woman hurt as house 'blown apart — Sunderland explosion
- Iran Adds Funding to Missiles, Guards After New US Sanctions