Newcastle's Shelvey was sent off early in the second half at St James' Park for stepping on Alli's ankle while the England playmaker was lying on the pitch. He was later joined on the bench by Florian Lejeune following a heavy challenge from Harry Kane that resulted in a booking for the Spurs striker.
To make matters worse, Newcastle were already relegated and played the last 23 minutes with 10 men.
Russian Federation spy plane 'trolls' Donald Trump with legal flight over Washington DC
S. locations, including Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, where President Donald Trump is now in residence. The United States and Russian Federation both signed the treaty.
Kane struck the woodwork late on having gone one-on-one with Elliot, as his run of failing to score in August went one game longer.
The Citizens then padded their lead when Brighton's Lewis Dunk scored an own-goal just five minutes later. "We'll try to sign a few players more, we're trying hard to bring some new energy".
Starting nuclear war is president's decision alone
The president's retweets about his rhetoric Tuesday come as Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was urging calm. North Korea hit back hours later, saying it is ready to carry out an attack near the USA island of Guam.
It looked like the last 20 minutes would be an exercise in damage limitation for the home side, but they actually had their best spell of the game with 10 minutes remaining when Atsu had two shots at goal and their intensity nearly threw Spurs, but the visitors held on.
His options have improved, though, with young right back Kyle Walker-Peters impressing on his first league start and South Korea forward Heung-min Son making a return to action after sustaining a broken arm in preseason.
Woman hurt as house 'blown apart — Sunderland explosion
Scores of police, ambulance and fire crew could be seen working at the scene, with debris strewn across the road. In an earlier public post, she said there must be a God as "How the hell can anyone survive that explosion?".
- Jamaica & GB through to relay final
- Auto plunges seven floors from parking garage into alley below
- Mo Farah loses out on Gold in final major track race
- South Africa's Opposition Party Seeks Early Elections Over Corruption
- Conor McGregor Knocks Down Sparring Partner Paulie Malignaggi
- Glen Campbell, Country Legend, Dies at 81
- Motorists should be on the lookout for school buses
- Korea to halt all provocations, says door for dialogue still open
- The Main Reason Why Kate Beckinsale Passed On Wonder Woman
- Scaramucci to guest on Colbert's 'Late Show' next week