The last positive ID came two years ago in March of 2015.
The man - whose name has been withheld by USA officials at the request of his family - is the first victim to be identified since March 2015, more than two years ago.
Of the 2,753 people killed by hijackers who crashed planes into the twin towers on 11 September 2001, more than 1,100 are yet to have any remains identified. His remains were ID'd through DNA retesting of remains recovered in 2001, according to the ME's office.
Morkel strikes twice to give South Africa a glimmer
It would be disrespectful of us to talk about his position. "It's all being left now until the end of the series.I hope".
The remains of a man killed in the 9/11 terror attack on New York's World Trade Centre have been identified 16 years on following advances in DNA testing.
The effort to identify all 2,753 victims who died at the World Trade Center is ongoing.
Till date 40% of people, i.e., 1,112 people still remain unidentified almost 16 years after the terror attack.
Japan Marked the 72nd Anniversary of the Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima
Japanese officials routinely argue that they abhor nuclear weapons, but the nation's defence is firmly set under the USA nuclear umbrella.
It said new DNA technology helped identify him after previous tests yielded no results.
Few full bodies were recovered after the giant skyscrapers burned and collapsed - and the effects of heat, bacteria and chemicals have made it hard to analyse remains.
In some cases, scientists have gone back to the same bone fragment 10 or more times, hoping new technology will provide answers.
Russia's Lavrov, US's Tillerson to meet August 6-8
The US and China can have a productive relationship if the two countries can work together on the issue of North Korea. She says she anticipates "pretty serious diplomatic isolation directed at the North Korean foreign minister".
It's thought that a total of 2,996 lost their lives that day in NY as well as at the Pentagon in Virginia and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, while thousands more were injured.
- 8 flights cancelled due to internet cable fault
- Samsung heir could face 12 years in jail for bribery
- Afghan police killed, North Atlantic Treaty Organisation soldier wounded in 'insider attack'
- Manchester United to pip rivals City to Premier League title - Robbie Savage
- Arsenal coach Wenger says, Alexis will stay at Arsenal for upcoming season
- Sikkim standoff:China warns Indian troops of 'annihilation'
- Israel attempts to shut down Al Jazeera's office and ban journalists
- In Asia : China scores diplomatic coup in sea row
- Barcelona turn down €40 million Manchester United bid for Sergi Roberto
- North Korea promises to take 'thousands-fold revenge' on U.S. over sanctions