According to the statement, the us military made "repeated calls to stay clear of the fixed-wing flight operations in the vicinity of USS Nimitz", but the Iranian drone still "executed unsafe and unprofessional altitude changes" close to the American F/A/-18E that was "in a holding pattern preparing to on the aircraft carrier".
"If the F/A-18 had not done the maneuver", the two aircraft would have collided, the official said.
Spotify launches on the Xbox One
Xbox One users have had to wait awhile for Spotify to make its way to Xbox One, and thankfully, that day has finally arrived. . The app, which has always been available on PlayStation 4, enables users to play music in the background while gaming.
The Navy has called this new incident between iranian forces and the us navy in the Persian Gulf as "unsafe and unprofessional".
Hours before the incident, the drone was about 4 nautical miles from the Nimitz at an altitude of about 7,000 feet, the official said.
147 was in a landing pattern several thousand feet off the deck of the ship waiting to land.
Ellie Mae Classic: Basketball star Stephen Curry misses cut in Nevada
He made five straight pars and birdied No. 14 but he played the final three holes at plus-1 with two bogeys and a birdie on 17.
A USA fighter jet had to take evasive action to avoid colliding with an Iranian drone that came within 100 feet of the warplane, according to multiple reports. The drone did not appear to be armed. It did eventually move off.
This is not the first time the US Navy has accused Iranian drones of operating unprofessionally while in close proximity to US ships.
Unnamed officials described the incident as "unsafe and unprofessional", according to the reports. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps ship came at the USS Thunderbolt at high speeds.
Cause Released on Fatal Ohio Fair Incident
The company that made an amusement park ride called "Fireball" now knows why it malfunctioned at the Ohio State Fair last month . Tyler Jarrell died of blunt force trauma injuries after being tossed 50 feet (15 meters) into the air when the ride broke apart.
The incident comes after a series of confrontations between United States and Iranian vessels in the Persian Gulf.
- Samsung heir could face 12 years in jail for bribery
- Barcelona turn down €40 million Manchester United bid for Sergi Roberto
- Why lone gunman mowed down 8 worshippers in Anambra Catholic Church
- Mueller Looks at Whether Flynn Was Secretly Paid by Turkey
- Sikkim standoff:China warns Indian troops of 'annihilation'
- Venezuelan Leaders Say They Squashed Attempted Uprising At Military Base
- Teen left bleeding after vicious 'sea flea' attack
- Trump threatens 'fire and fury' against North Korea
- Bomb thrown through mosque window in US
- Taylor Swift Lawsuit: Singer Testifying at Groping Show Trial