PTCL General Manager Imran Janjua told Geo News that internet services had begun to be restored countrywide today, after a major outage in the worldwide submarine cable system IMV led to disruption in internet services over the weekend.
He explained that this was an worldwide fault as internet services in Pakistan, India and UAE were affected.
The internet disruption prevented airport officials confirming flight schedules and ticket bookings, as a result of which at least eight flights domestic and global flights were cancelled on Sunday.
EU Extends Sanctions On Russia Over Siemans Turbine Delivery To Crimea
According to Minister of Foreign Affairs Sven Mikser, such actions undermine the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine .
Internet services across the country have been restored, Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) said on Sunday.
'Due to this, customers will experience slow internet browsing.
Sikandar Naqi, Chief Business Development Officer PTCL, has said that the global consortium managing the submarine cable system has already started working to resolve the situation as early as possible.
Israel attempts to shut down Al Jazeera's office and ban journalists
Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman has likened its coverage to "Nazi Germany-style" propaganda. Al Jazeera's English newsroom in Doha, Qatar.
PTCL had said earlier the global consortium had identified the fault in IMEWE cable near Saudi Arabia and was now working to resolve the issue.
According to Mr Janjua, Pakistan suffered more as two other submarine cables - SEA-ME-WE 4 and Transworld - are still being fixed after they were damaged in July. "It has now been repaired and services are back to normal".
Pakistan Telecommunications Limited (PTCL) stated the company has successfully arranged for additional bandwidth through our worldwide cable systems & partners.
Where is Donald Trump spending his first summer holiday as President?
Known as a "memorandum of conversation ", such documents are commonly circulated to White House staff and senior policymakers. Trump also frequently plays golf at his properties, though the White House typically will not acknowledge that he plays.
"Unfortunately due to two cuts at the same time, service across the country was disrupted", he said.
- Sikkim standoff:China warns Indian troops of 'annihilation'
- Tesla in mammoth fundraising bid to step-up new Model 3 production
- Morkel strikes twice to give South Africa a glimmer
- Why lone gunman mowed down 8 worshippers in Anambra Catholic Church
- Ellie Mae Classic: Basketball star Stephen Curry misses cut in Nevada
- In Asia : China scores diplomatic coup in sea row
- Japan Marked the 72nd Anniversary of the Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima
- Taylor Swift Lawsuit: Singer Testifying at Groping Show Trial
- Teen left bleeding after vicious 'sea flea' attack
- Russia's Lavrov, US's Tillerson to meet August 6-8