President Muhammadu Buhari has condemned the Ozubulu Church attack in Anambra State by a yet to be identified gunmen, describing the incident as "an appalling crime against humanity and unspeakable sacrilege".
He promised that the state government would pay the hospital bills of the victims.
Twelve worshippers were shot dead at a church in southeast Nigeria on Sunday, with authorities suggesting the bloodshed was due to a local feud.
Also, Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state has visited the parish with the Police Commissioner in the state, Garba Umar and assured that the perpetrators would be brought to book.
EU Extends Sanctions On Russia Over Siemans Turbine Delivery To Crimea
According to Minister of Foreign Affairs Sven Mikser, such actions undermine the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine .
A witness, who simply identified herself as a choir member, said the gunman left immediately into a waiting auto with a driver.
The Rights group demanded the sack of the Anambra State Police commissioner and the Director of State services (DSS) for sleeping on their constitutional duties which allowed armed freelance killers to embark on this despicable rampage with far reaching damages to many precious lives of worshippers.
"The gunmen came thinking that their target was in the church but incidentally he was not", Umar said, adding that the violence may be linked to drug-trafficking.
However, Witnesses said five gunmen in masks stormed the church and opened fire on worshippers.
Everton drawn against Croatian side Hajduk Split in Europa League play-off
The only goal was scored by the Everton's Dominic Nathaniel Calvert-Lewin. We are through to the next round and I'm really happy", he said .
Mr. Oye, who described the attack as wicked, urged the security agencies to unravel those responsible for the dastardly act. The police have launched a manhunt on those behind the attack.
Chief Jude Emecheta, who hails from Ozubulu, told NAN that "a dark cloud has befallen my peaceful town".
"This is sacrilegious, totally unacceptable in Anambra State", Obiano said.
Oxford University man and United States professor arrested for Chicago murder
Detectives said they believed they knew their whereabouts but wanted to end the situation calmly without another "tragedy". Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi announced the development on Twitter, writing: "CPD has gotten word that Prof".
- Spotify to release Xbox One app soon
- Ellie Mae Classic: Basketball star Stephen Curry misses cut in Nevada
- Afghan police killed, North Atlantic Treaty Organisation soldier wounded in 'insider attack'
- Japan Marked the 72nd Anniversary of the Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima
- British model kidnapped in Italy and put up for auction on internet
- Unofficial Pixel XL 2 Case Compared With Pixel, Galaxy S8
- In Asia : China scores diplomatic coup in sea row
- Play Store Now Supports Android O's Notification Channels
- Where is Donald Trump spending his first summer holiday as President?
- Jab Harry met Sejal review: it just doesn't ring right!