Japanese city of Hiroshima is observing today 72nd anniversary of world's first atomic bomb attack of August 6, 1945, in which more than one hundred forty thousand people were killed.
But Japan, together with the world's nuclear weapon states and other countries under the USA umbrella have recently refused to participate in the United Nations treaty.
In a speech delivered at an annual memorial ceremony, Matsui noted that 122 countries last month adopted a treaty banning nuclear weapons to demonstrate "their unequivocal determination to achieve abolition".
EU Extends Sanctions On Russia Over Siemans Turbine Delivery To Crimea
According to Minister of Foreign Affairs Sven Mikser, such actions undermine the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine .
In light of the Constitution, Hiroshima calls on the government to do all it can to bridge the gap between the nuclear weapon states and those that do not have such weapons to facilitate the treaty's ratification.
Tokyo announced its surrender in World War II on Aug 15, 1945.
"As long as nuclear weapons exist and policymakers threaten their use, their horror could leap into our present at any moment".
Japanese officials routinely argue that they abhor nuclear weapons, but the nation's defence is firmly set under the USA nuclear umbrella.
Bank of England committee split over base rate hold decision
Sterling fell against the United States dollar and the euro following the rates decision and report. That was more clear cut than a close 5-3 vote at the Monetary Policy Committee's meeting in June.
Since then, nuclear proliferation has created a unsafe modern world, with many nations now capable of using nuclear weapons on their neighbor.
"Our dream of a world free of nuclear weapons remains far from reality".
But many Americans believe they hastened the end to a bloody conflict and ultimately saved lives on both sides, thus justifying the bombings.
Why lone gunman mowed down 8 worshippers in Anambra Catholic Church
A witness, who simply identified herself as a choir member, said the gunman left immediately into a waiting auto with a driver. Oye, who described the attack as wicked, urged the security agencies to unravel those responsible for the dastardly act.
- Afghan police killed, North Atlantic Treaty Organisation soldier wounded in 'insider attack'
- Morkel strikes twice to give South Africa a glimmer
- Spotify to release Xbox One app soon
- Manchester United to pip rivals City to Premier League title - Robbie Savage
- Unofficial Pixel XL 2 Case Compared With Pixel, Galaxy S8
- United States issues ban on travel to North Korea
- Changes to the National Security Council
- Ellie Mae Classic: Basketball star Stephen Curry misses cut in Nevada
- Where is Donald Trump spending his first summer holiday as President?
- ADP Board Rejects Pershing's Request To Extend Director Nomination