A massive sinkhole has swallowed two homes in a neighborhood in western Florida and is still continuing to swell, prompting authorities to evacuate numerous nearby houses as a precaution, officials said.
Authorities said the neighborhood has experienced a sinkhole before.
It quickly engulfed one home and a boat and then consumed about 80 percent of another home, said Kevin Guthrie, Pasco County's assistant county administrator for public safety.
Firefighters arrived at the residence to discover a hole about the size of a swimming pool.
Texas Man Gets Trapped in ATM
He chose to ask customers' help by slipping notes through the receipt slot. "I don't have my phone", one of the notes read. Apparently a contractor got trapped inside the ATM room at the Bank of America branch, while he was changing out a lock.
Firefighters rescued two dogs from inside.
He says it was "frightening" to watch the home disappear into the hole. Within an hour or so the sinkhole swallowed one home and part of another home.
The sinkhole was first reported as a depression around 7:56 a.m. on Friday morning, noted ABC News.
The sinkhole is threatening other homes in the area.
Yankees deal lefthander Tyler Webb to Brewers for prospect Garrett Cooper
The Auburn, Alabama native is slashing an impressive.366/.428/.652 with 17 home runs and 82 RBI's in Triple-A this season. In 21 games in triple-A during the 2017 season, Webb was 3-1 with a 3.24 ERA and 47 strikeouts in 33.1 innings pitched.
Whited said the hole grew in a matter of minutes.
"We're expecting it to grow", said Guthrie. The home last sold in 2015, according to records.
Geologists at the University of Florida have defined a sinkhole as typically being a natural depression or hole in the Earth's surface caused when rock, often limestone in Florida, is dissolved over time.
Local electric utility company Duke Energy were working to get the power cut in the area.
Rob Kardashian Takes His L But Denies Physically Hurting Blac Chyna
Her favorite part? "To show them things , watch them grow and see myself in them", she says. Somebody that loves their family and treats their friends right - and treats me right'.
The Red Cross was responding to help families affected.
- Quentin Tarantino working on Manson murders film
- McGregor wears "f*** you" suit to Mayweather conference
- European Union wastes Turkey's time, Erdogan tells the BBC
- Former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver's Corruption Conviction Overturned
- Wimbledon doubles campaign over for Kiwi Michael Venus after gruelling quarter-final
- White House mistakenly calls Chinese president Xi Jinping as president of Taiwan
- United States to renegotiate Korea trade deal
- SC Gymboree stores to shut down, closing sales to start next week
- Chuck Blazer dies after exposing corruption he profited from
- Does Floyd Mayweather Think Conor McGregor is Racist for Calling Him Boy?