Shares in retailer Target rose 3.8% after it said comparable sales should show a "modest" increase in the second quarter, the first such rise for five quarters. The S&P 500 was up by a point, or less than 0.1%, to 2,444.
The Nasdaq is up 159.39 points, or 2.6 percent.
The Dow is up 1,875.14 points, or 9.5 percent.
Customers react to bridal store's sudden closure
So am I gonna get my bought and paid for dress?! So listen up, brides, because this can totally save your wedding day. Well, this is happening-in real life!-to tons of brides and bridesmaids, right now.
US equities closed higher on Thursday as retailers rose, led by Target.
Stocks wrestled to a healthy finish Thursday in a session where early gains were dented by Senate testimony from Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen. Target jumped 4.1 percent after raising its second-quarter forecasts.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 82 points, or 0.4%, to 21,497.
Does Floyd Mayweather Think Conor McGregor is Racist for Calling Him Boy?
After that press conference, McGregor had a quick interview with Jimmy Kimmel's Guillermo in a segment that aired Wednesday night. There was a genuine disdain built by anyone McGregor lined up against and most who've faced him still hold a grudge to this day.
Crude oil was over 1 percent higher with prices at $47 per barrel.
NASDAQ measures a number of indices reflecting the reaction of USA's high tech markets and business environments on the country's political and economic developments which have an impact on high tech markets. Small caps posted a weak session, with Russell 2000 futures ending only slightly below the break-even line.
United States to renegotiate Korea trade deal
Trump kicked off the discussion by saying his administration wants a deal "that's fair for the USA and fair for South Korea". In an interview earlier this year, Trump called the deal "horrible" and a "one-way street".
- 'Morning Joe' Host Leaving GOP to Become Independent
- Quentin Tarantino working on Manson murders film
- Texas Man Gets Trapped in ATM
- Florida sinkhole swallows boat, 2 homes; 10 others evacuated
- Russia Probe Turns to Kushner's Work With 2016 Presidential Campaign
- Former Nobel chairman stands by Liu award after China
- Mithali Raj creates ODI history, becomes highest run-getter
- McGregor wears "f*** you" suit to Mayweather conference
- Rob Kardashian Takes His L But Denies Physically Hurting Blac Chyna
- Yankees deal lefthander Tyler Webb to Brewers for prospect Garrett Cooper