Mr. Trump stated: "Congratulations on your great victory".
"I just want to congratulate you".
The call, according to RTE, lasted ten to fifteen minutes and was described by a spokesperson for Mr. Varadkar as "a wide-ranging call" which was "fruitful".
Khloe Kardashian Sparks Pregnancy Rumours with "Dad"
Khloe Kardashian and her National Basketball Association boyfriend Tristan Thompson are getting serious. I love his mother, by the way! She continued: "I think I should say to my boyfriend 'I'm pregnant".
Mr Trump said: "We have so many people from Ireland in this country".
Mr. Varadkar raised the case of the undocumented Irish in the US and there was a discussion on climate change and trade.
They also discussed the Northern Ireland peace process. During the call, reporters from the Irish media were present.
During the call Trump talked about his connections with Irish people in the United States, "I feel I know them all".
Clashes amid Eid celebrations in Kashmir as HM Singh hoping for peace
But stone-throwing started as tens of thousands of people poured out of mosques in the main city of Srinagar after midday prayers. The clashes, with young men hurling stones at forces, then spread to adjoining Achabal area in Anantnag district.
During an "introductory" phonecall this evening, Mr Trump said he looked forward to meeting the new Taoiseach in Washington next March.
Mr Varadkar also had a conversation with Prime Minister Theresa May, during which they discussed the efforts to restore the Executive, and the DUP-Tory deal. However, he said no progress had been made in organising the visit and there was no timeline in place.
"I will not, of course, rescind that invitation".
The pair also discussed migration, Brexit and the movement of goods and citizens across the border, climate change, free trade, Irish inward investment in the USA and the undocumented Irish, or illegal Irish immigrants, in the US.
Cincinnati ranked one of the best places to celebrate Independence Day
Ducks are $5 each or five for $20 and can be purchased on the day of the event. - Commerce City - Colorado Rapids vs. Fireworks start Friday with the city's Celebrate Lancaster and continue through Quarryville's celebration on July 8.
- North Korea conducts rocket engine test
- Supreme Court rules in favor of adoption rights, but Gorsuch dissents
- Company curbs sale of panels used on burned London high-rise
- Westbrook Among Top NBA MVP Candidates
- Conrad Roy III's family breaks their silence after Michelle Carter is convicted
- Dominant New Zealand seal America's Cup success
- Amazon's Whole Foods grab could be 'a brilliant combination'
- London high-rises fail safety tests after Grenfell fire
- Questions with 'Spider-man: Homecoming' Director Jon Watts
- Analysis shows slight advantage for GOP in Kentucky House districts