Bibiana Steinhaus of Germany officiates in the women's final soccer match featuring the US against Japan at the London 2012 Olympic Games in London at Wembley Stadium, August 9, 2012.
Steinhaus, who also officiated the 2015 women's World Cup final between the United States and Japan, isn't just breaking the glass ceiling in Germany, but it appears in all of European top-flight soccer.
Reporters barred from China event seeking investment in Kushner project
A Kushner Companies spokeswoman declined to comment in a New York Times article about the Beijing event published on Saturday. Emily Rauhala is a reporter for The Washington Post who was there in the ballroom.
Steinhaus will become the first female referee in the history of the Bundesliga when she officiates a match next season. It was simply a turbulent roller coaster ride of emotions.
"It was always a dream to reach the Bundesliga, and of course it feels fantastic that this dream has come true".
1 death as tornado hits Oklahoma subdivision
Tuesday just south of Elk City, Oklahoma, about 110 miles west of Oklahoma City. The storm also brought numerous reports of large hail and strong winds.
Steinhaus made headlines in October 2014 when then Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola put his arm around her shoulders, when she was the fourth official at a Bundesliga game, while arguing about a refereeing decision.
Steinhaus, a police officer, is one of four new referees added to the Bundesliga list but is aware she will face greater scrutiny than fellow newcomers Martin Petersen, Sven Jablonski and Soren Storks. She has been a Federation Internationale de Football Association listed referee since 2005. Certainly I am under special observation - even through the media - at the beginning of the season. "My goal is for female referees in professional soccer to become commonplace".
What does council vote tell us about general election?
It means that in this seat, as in many others, it is a two-horse race between us and the Nationalists. It also went from first to second place in Aberdeenshire.
Prior to becoming a referee she played for SV Bad Lauterberg.
- Donald Trump's Approval Rating Slips In Latest Politico Poll
- Kapil Dev Confident of Kohli Bouncing Back in the Champions Trophy
- Bank warns of 'moderate' growth as it keeps interest rates at 0.25%
- Kane expects Tottenham 'family' to stay together
- Angela Merkel's hold on Germany tightens following key state victory
- Motorola reveals C-series, entry-level smartphones
- Antarctica 'Greening' Due To Climate Change
- Mercedes-Benz partners with Vivint Solar for home energy storage in US
- 'Fast decision' possible on new Federal Bureau of Investigation director
- Bridge collapse: Rescue op on, govt to raze unsafe bridges